1) Remove the existing architrave which covered the outside edges of the
2) Measure to allow an overlap on the inside edges of the skylight pace by 10mm
to create a lip for the plasterboard to sit on.
3) Cut the timber (maple 45x12mm) with a 45-degree Mitre. We used the new Ryobi
Cordless Drop Saw.
4) Fix by nailing through the existing plasterboard supporting frame, Punch the
nail heads, fill with Shelley’s Putty and paint with any Taubans colour you
5) Cut a piece of plasterboard 5mm bigger than the newly created opening so it
can sit on the timber frame. Paint with 2 coats of acrylic.