Decks are part of the Australian way of life. They’re a place where you can be
outside without really being outside. If you don’t have a deck, maybe now’s the
time to build one! If you have an old one, maybe now’s the time to renovate it.
There’s a MITREPLAN to suit either project.
Tips when building or replacing a deck:
- Keep people away from the underside of your deck when you’re using nail
guns, and always wear eye and hearing protection.
- Use construction adhesive (such as Liquid Nails - Floors & Decks) on deck
- Stagger joints randomly across the deck. You won’t notice them as much.
- Keep joints away from doorways, or other high-traffic spots like the top of
- Get a mate to cut boards for you and pass them up.
- Allow a full weekend, and take it easy - it can be a little hard on your
back – but it’s worth it!
MITREPLANS on Decks are available at all Mitre 10 stores across Australia.