If your front door is looking tired and dated then maybe itís time you had a
look at the great range from Corinthian Doors.
Dave and Kevin replaced a single sidelight and panel door with tacky old
yellow patterned glazing with a Corinthian Madison Entry Door with Superslim
Sidelights & Enviroseal. This door not only looks fantastic but also will allow
light to still enter the house. Enviroseal is fantastic for keeping the cold out
and the warm in which means youíll save on your gas and energy bills as well.
Just remember that when selecting a door there is more than meets the eye. Size,
material, structure and functionality are all very important.
These doors are available in this pre primed finish good for paint or in richly
grained timber veneer for staining. It is available with 7 glass types.
Centering the door up in this space is introduced walking through an already
symmetrical entrance stair.
If you have had to trim the door in any way, you must prime the edges, as you
will not be able to once it gets installed. SHOPPING LIST:
- 230mm Alcor Flashing 10m roll
- 100mm T/P Screws 1 bag
- 50mm Bullet Head Galvanized Nails 1 bag
- Paint Brush 100mm Paint 1 of
- Paint Brush 50mm Paint 1 of
- Pinch bar
- Reciprocating Saw Metal blade
- Cordless drill and bits
- Impact Driver and bits
- 1200mm Level
- Hand Plane ( Block)
- Sand Paper 120
- Circ Saw cordless
- Madison Entrance Door
- 2 x Slimline side light panels
- Info Req
- Frame to suit
- Gainsborough Hardware
- Enviroseal strip
- Measure and order the unit to fit the size of the opening the existing
door and frame are in.
- The beauty of the system is with the exact size of the opening we can
have the whole unit pre assembled with lock and all.
- When removing the window, be careful not to destroy the architraves from
the old frame on the inside as we can reuse them on the new unit if
- The new door unit will have storm moulds to place around the edge of the
frame to cover the junction to the wall.
- Take the door off and remove the glazing to make safe and easy for
- Once removed the opening should be prepared for the new unit.
Strengthening the sill and styles, preparing the correct flashing etc.
- Stand the new frame, less the door, into the opening and secure the
styles. Ensure packing is installed to prevent the styles from bowing.
- Check for plumb and wind with level.
- Install the door and check it closes without binding etc. Check hardware
function and screw the fixings off.
- If glazing has not been installed prior, install now.
- Fill screw holes.
- Paint door and frame etc with 2 coats of ext grade paint.